Friday, December 3, 2010

The Power of Focused Thought


One of the things I’ve loved about my work as a personal coach and teacher is helping people understand the importance of our thoughts. I’ve been amazed by the events that have taken place in my life over the past few years, and feel I can attribute much of it to the fact that I have become more focused on thinking about what I want, and I am acting on opportunities that come up in relation to those thoughts. I’ve been blessed with a life that gives me time to think, and I make good use of it. In this way, I can stay truer to being guided by my heart.

But along with new opportunities that have come my way, I’m noticing that I have less time to think about what I WANT to think about. I’m making more money teaching other people’s ideas instead of my own, and though this provides me with the means to travel more, it interferes with the thinking time that helps me create future opportunities. Still, even in the midst of everything, synchronicity continues to happen.

I recently found a book at the library that is a continuation of a story I read and loved a decade ago, that takes place in Florence. When I read the first book, Italy was an unknown world to me. Now it is a familiar presence, and this new book reminds me of many places that I visited just weeks ago…so much that it’s almost like being there again.

I need to remember that even in the midst of life’s busyness, it is essential to take time and stay focused on thinking about the things that matter most: staying true to ourselves, our beliefs and our integrity. We should also think about our relationships and love; about happiness, joy, and good health; about making the most of our talents; about creating peace in our world. We need to take time to imagine a future filled with these things. We must be the first to believe that our dreams can become reality, and it starts with our thoughts. It’s that simple.

No comments: