Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Firenze: San Niccolo

I've been busy working this past week, but wanted to share a few images of San Niccolo, the area of Florence where I live.

San Niccolo, with the San Niccolo tower on the left. Lots of green here!
This is what Florence looks like on the other side of the river Arno...not much green space.
Chiesa San Niccolo: The bell rings every day, right outside my window. I love it!
The Piazzetta outside my apartment: a gathering place by day and night.
Enoteca or wine bar, where people stop for a glass of wine. 
Osteria: a restaurant down the street
There's also several other ristoranti, a forno, where they sell bread and cooked foods for take-out, a gelateria, a tiny alimentari (grocery store) with produce, wine and other essentials, and a cartoleria, where you can buy stamps, notebooks, and get xerox copies. I love living in this part of Florence, and am enjoying the chance to explore the Oltrano (other side of the river) and all that it has to offer.

This is in one of the parks that I walk by every day.

No comments: